We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and are working hard to stay connected during the health crisis. To that, we have suspended all in-person activities (church school, adult education, worship, meetings, and events) through the end of December 2020. Details are as follows:
- Session again considered reopening the church building for worship services after the current September 30 deadline. However, in view of the continuing health threat of the COVID-19 coronavirus, it was decided to continue with the building closures and online worship through December 31, 2020. Church groups wishing to meet outdoors on church property may do so, but must be masked and observe social distancing guidelines.
- Session reviewed the responses from the online communion service conducted on Pentecost Sunday in May, and the comments were favorable, so communion services are planned for World Communion Sunday on October 4, 2020, All Saints Sunday on November 1, 2020, and the first Sunday in Advent on November 29, 2020. Watch for announcements in the Messenger and eNews.
- A proposal has been made to invest in additional video recording equipment to improve our video quality and reliability for Sunday worship and the Concert Series. The new equipment will allow simultaneous streaming on Facebook and YouTube platforms.
- The Childcare Center had a successful Summer Camp session at partial capacity and the fall session has started, again at reduced capacity. Session noted that the Childcare Center is not affected by the Governor’s phase-in recovery plan.
- The Trustees have proposed a pavilion for the church grounds, located behind the church house, to permit outdoor worship, meetings, and use by church and community groups. The pavilion will hold approximately 60 persons, and will have movable tables and chairs to allow flexibility in usage. Session approved the project, and completion during 2021 is planned.