Church Mission Extends
Catonsville Presbyterian Church provides mission giving outside Board of Deacons collections and Grace Mission Fund interest spending. As a connectional church, our weekly offering supports PCUSA mission nationally through the Presbyterian Mission Agency and at the regional level (the Presbytery of Baltimore). In addition, special offerings and special mission projects add to our over-all church mission giving.
Approved for this Year Funding
- PCUSA mission ($750)
- Presbytery mission ($2,500)
- Lourdes, Ruiz, Inc. Hydroponic Farm, Puerto Rico ($800) from funds raised for Catonsville Presbyterian Church Recovery trip
- Catonsville Emergency Assistance (CEA) received a special offering ($530) when CPC hosted the Presbytery in February.
Behind the Scenes
The mission committee continues to meet during COVID-19 via Zoom to fund grants from Grace Mission Fund Interest. Between January and May 2020, grants were awarded to seven institutions:
- Bridges to Housing Stability $1,500, including $500 for the Chili Cookoff cancelled due to Covid-19 and $1,000 general
- Catonsville Emergency Assistance $1,000
- Grace AME Church $1,500
- IMA World Health’s Muhimbili National Hospital pediatric cancer ward in Tanzania $2,500
- Institut Médical Chrétien du Kasai Indigent Patient Fund in Tshikaji, DRC $2,000
- PCUSA-Presbyterian Disaster Assistance $3,000; and Puerto Rico Recovery Guacio Camp $2,000.