We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and are working hard to stay connected during the health crisis. To that, we have suspended all in-person activities (church school, adult education, worship, meetings, and events) through the end of April 2020. Details are as follows:
- This week Session voted to extend the suspension of in-person worship and the closure of the building through the month of April 2020.
- Plans are underway to reimagine Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter services. There will be a virtual Communion service on Maundy Thursday (details forthcoming).
- Bible study continues on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. We’ll check-in, read and reflect upon a text, and offer time for prayer. The Zoom link will be sent out on Tuesdays.
- The Child Care Center will be closed through the end of April as well.
- We will be scheduling Zoom check-ins at different times each week.
- We’re exploring opportunities for children and families to connect via Zoom.
- We’ve divided up the church membership list into small groups. Each group has a Deacon or Elder who they will be calling regularly.
- The Messenger will be going out every two weeks.
- And we’re exploring a way to communicate with the congregation via text messaging.
- Staff will continue to work either onsite using social distancing or electronically from home. The office will remain open at regular hours. And we will work to keep the Church House clean and disinfected, as best we can.
- There’s a lot of uncertainty and anxiety for all of us. Your pastors are here for you, and although we will be limiting in-person pastoral visits, we are available to provide care by phone and other virtual means.
While we’re apart, the work and ministry of the church continues. Join us for online worship on Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
“May the Lord watch between you and me,
when we are absent one from another.”