The Bookkeeper is a full-time salaried position working for Catonsville Presbyterian Church (CPC) and Catonsville Presbyterian Church Family Child Care Center which is operated by the church. Responsibilities include full-charge bookkeeping, payroll processing, tuition billings and collections, bill payments, account reconciliations , and reporting for both CPC and the Child Care Center. The Bookkeeper reports to the church pastor, with responsibilities to the church’s finance committee, the Child Care Center director, and the Child Care Center Council.
Qualifications desired include:
- professional bookkeeper certification (or equivalent experience),
- experience with Sage or other accounting software,
- experience processing payroll (including preparation of payroll tax filings),
- experience processing both accounts receivable and accounts payable
- experience preparing financial statements, and
- experience in a church or other not-for-profit environment.
This position requires attention to detail, time management skills, and a high regard for confidentiality and honesty. Successful completion of a criminal background and credit check will be required prior to the start of employment.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation: $45,000 – $55,000 a year
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Location: On site, with a possibility of future hybrid work arrangements
- Expected start date: September 15, 2023
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- savings plan eligibility
To apply for this position, please send resume and introductory email by August 15, 2023.
About Catonsville Presbyterian Church
Catonsville Presbyterian Church, a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), is a vibrant congregation where people of all ages and backgrounds deepen their faith and make a difference in the world. Comforted and challenged by Christ’s radical hospitality we welcome *all* God’s children into the life of the church.