Session Meeting Highlights
The coronavirus pandemic has not stopped the work of the church! Session has been meeting more frequently lately, and using Zoom to meet online in view of the coronavirus pandemic restrictions. Following are highlights from the April 16, 2020 Session meeting.
- The Finance Committee reported that church income has remained fairly consistent for the year to date through early April, and there have been no surprise expenses. Online giving has increased, and that will continue to be encouraged. The church and Childcare Center have applied together for loan under the SBA-Payroll Protection Program of the federal CARES Act to cover staff payrolls for two months. The loan is forgivable if used for payroll expenses.
- Session has called for an online meeting of the congregation via Zoom on May 17, 2020 at a time to be determined. The purpose of the meeting will be to hear a report from the Nominating Committee and to elect church officers. Instructions for using Zoom will be provided to all church members for this important meeting in the life of the church.
- Session discussed whether the policy on in-person worship and church use should be extended beyond April. It was ultimately decided to follow the Governor’s Stay-at-Home order until it is rescinded, and then re-evaluate our policy accordingly. The Governor’s current order extends indefinitely.
The Latest on Staying Connected
We’re working hard to stay connected during the COVID-19 health crisis:
- The current church use, in-person meeting and worship policy will continue. We will follow Maryland Governor Hogan’s Stay-at-Home order until it is rescinded, after which our policy will be revisited and reconsidered by Session.
- Bible study continues on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. We’ll check-in, read and reflect upon a text, and offer time for prayer. The Zoom link will be sent out on Tuesdays.
- You can find all of our online services on our new YouTube Channel. Click and subscribe.
- We’re offering opportunities for children, youth, and families to connect via Zoom.
- The Messenger will be going every two weeks.