The Deacons and the Mission Committee will once again be having our “Adopt a Turkey” food drive to assist Grace AME Church in providing a Thanksgiving meal to those in need in our community. Grace AME has been steadfast in safely providing food assistance throughout the pandemic. This year will be much like last year in that they hope to provide a meal to over 200 families by having a curbside pickup on November 17. There are many ways to give to this wonderful ministry.
- by sending a check to CPC
- online by following this link https://onrealm.org/CatonsvillePres/give/Thanksgiving
Donate food items:
- There is a bin in the back of the sanctuary. We will be collecting through November 14.
- On Saturday, November 6, 9:00 am – 1:00pm, the Knights of Columbus will host the second annual “Fill this truck” event. We will be distributing paper bags in worship and encourage folks to fill them and bring to this event
- On Friday, November 12, 4:00-6:00pm, we will be collecting food items in the small Frederick Rd parking lot
- Suggested Food Items:
- Stuffing mix
- Mashed potato mix
- Canned yams
- Canned sweet potatoes
- Canned white potatoes
- Canned green beans
- Canned collards
- Canned Cream of Mushroom soup
- Pie filling
- Rice or rice mixes
- Canned gravy or gravy packets
- Canned Sauerkraut
- Brownie mix
- Cake mix
Donate your time:
- Volunteer for the “Fill this Truck” event to help collect food.
- Volunteer to be a shopper for food items still needed on November 15th and 16th.
- Volunteer to help assemble bags and distribute curbside at the Grace AME Thanksgiving giveaway on Saturday, November 20.
You can follow this sign-up link to volunteer https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044DA8AF22A0FC1-adopt
Many thanks in advance for your donations!