- This event has passed.
Catonsville Concerts at 3: Andrew Balio & Bruce Bengtson
- Date: Sunday, October 17, 2021
- Time: 3:00pm–4:00pm
Andrew Balio (trumpet) and Bruce Bengtson (organ) recently teamed up to record a remarkable CD of Bach material and will be playing from that program for our series. Andrew is a renowned principal orchestral player and Principal Trumpet in the BSO, and Bruce is an organ recitalist and clinician well-known in the U.S. and abroad. Together, they will bring us a powerful interpretation of some of Bach’s greatest works.
In order to ensure the continued safety of everyone as we make our way back toward a more normal concert experience, we kindly ask your assistance in the following ways:
- We will be limited to a single entrance, using the tower door at the foot of the steeple. This entrance is ADA accessible for those with physical limitations.
- Seating in the sanctuary will be limited in an effort to maintain social distancing.
- All audience members will be asked to wear a mask at all times inside the building.
- All audience members will be asked to provide proof of vaccination as they enter the building.
Catonsville Concerts at 3 is a professional concert series that is free to the public. Founded in 1999 as the Catonsville Presbyterian Concert Series, “Catonsville Concerts at 3” is now entering its 23rd season of presenting high-quality, live musical performances free of charge for Catonsville and the surrounding community. While our series is part of the ministry of Catonsville Presbyterian Church, it is financially independent of the church, relying on several grants and donations from our audiences for support. Originally the focus was classical chamber, however in recent years Catonsville Concerts at 3 has expanded to include folk, jazz, and bluegrass fusion in the musical genres presented, and thereby expanded its appeal and its audience base significantly.