Adult Education: Forgiveness
- Date: Sunday, March 7, 2021
- Time: 9:00am–10:00am
- Location: Zoom Online Meeting
Forgiveness: A Lenten Study (February 21, 28; March 7, 14, 21, 28)
Forgiving others and humbly asking for forgiveness are central disciplines for all Christians. Lent, a time to reflect on our Christian journey, is an appropriate time to deepen our understanding and practice of forgiveness. In this study, Marjorie J. Thompson, author of the best-selling book Soul Feast, takes a close look at our understanding of forgiveness. Over these six weeks we’ll explore these questions:
- Is forgiveness a Christian duty under all circumstances? Or are there situations when Christians do not need to forgive?
- Is forgiveness a matter between individuals, or is it meaningful only in the context of communities?
- Is forgiving the best route to healing for the injured?
- How do we get past emotional barriers to real forgiveness?
With clarity, insight, and sensitivity, this book is the perfect resource for examining both our ability to forgive and our own need for forgiveness. Books will be available for purchase ($11) in the church office (Tues-Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) or you can order directly from Amazon.com. (There is a Kindle version available for $8.) Led by Ken Kovacs.