The Envision Fund of Catonsville Presbyterian Church awards monetary grants every year to incubate new and innovative initiatives that extend beyond the church’s annual programs and budget. The fund was initiated in 2015 by a generous bequest from long-time member and trustee Robert Riley. By carefully investing the monies, the Envision Fund board distributes the annual growth of the fund.
What Kind of Projects Will Be Funded?
Grants are awarded as seed money for new projects or programs, not for day-to-day operating expenses. Proposals must fall under at least one of these categories:
- Development: Identify new or expand current ministry areas
- Mission: Local, national, or international
- Peace and Justice Advocacy: Work for social change to remove obstacles for all people
- Capital Improvements/Buildings and Grounds: The sponsor of such a proposal must contact the Board of Trustees and receive approval prior to submission to the Envision Fund Board.
Click on the pictures below to see the Envision Fund at work.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
The application process is open to everyone. CPC church members, church committees, and church staff may apply directly to the Envision Fund. Outside, non-profit organizations and individuals may submit an application after partnering with a Catonsville Presbyterian Church sponsor.
A CPC sponsor should be familiar enough with the individual(s) or organization to establish their credibility. Usually, this means the sponsor is actively involved in the organization in some way and knows its members. The CPC sponsor should also be familiar with and in support of the project that is being proposed and be able to serve as liaison to the Envision Board throughout the application process. For example, the sponsor may help to arrange an applicant interview, or work out details to transfer funds to an awardee, or obtain progress and summary reports for the board.
How Do I Apply?
- Read the CPC Envision Proposal Evaluation Criteria (PDF).
- Download an application and fill it out.
- The CPC Sponsor must fill out a questionnaire.
- The Envision Fund Board will contact you with any clarifying questions and to let you know the final status of your application.
Envision Fund News
- Envision Fund Board Announces June 2020 Awards
- Envision Fund Spring Awards and the Pandemic (April 2020)
- Envision Fund Board Announces 2019 Awards
- IMA World Health Announces Receiving Envision Fund Grant (2018)
- Howard County Autism Society Announces Receiving Envision Fund Grant (2018)
- Envision Fund Board Announces 2018 Grants
- Envision Fund Board Announces 2017 Grants
- Envision Fund Board Announces 2016 Grants
- Envision Fund Board Announces 2015 Grants