Our ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding musicianship on organ, piano, accompanying soloists and experience conducting choral ensembles. Excellent sight-reading is required. The candidate will work with the Pastoral Staff and Director of Music in offering music for weekly and special worship services and will be an integral member of the staff. Because music is an essential element in the life of our church, we expect this person to share and help embody CPC’s vision, mission, and ministry.
Job Type: Part-time (10-15 hours per week)
- Provide organ prelude, hymn accompaniments, and postlude for weekly Sunday worship service.
- Accompany choir rehearsals on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings.
- Direct our children’s and youth choirs (Sunday mornings).
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Music.
- Work with vocalists and musicians of all ages and abilities.
- Worship planning with staff.
- Provide organ music for weddings and funerals when available or as requested (at additional compensation).
- Manage and oversee organ maintenance as needed.
M. P. Moller 1961 3 manuals, 26 ranks.
Organ rebuilt with solid state combination action.
Minor tonal changes in 2009.
Application review will begin April 15, 2022.
Please submit your resume and audio and/or video files of the following to email@example.com:
- Hymns: Holy, Holy, Holy (NICAEA)
- One hymn of your choice, all stanzas as though accompanying a congregation
- One organ composition of candidate’s choice
- Preferred: one choral conducting performance or rehearsal video
Benefits: Paid time off
COVID-19 considerations: We follow CDC and Maryland Department of Health Guidelines for safely gathering.
Catonsville Presbyterian Church is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with Maryland and federal law.