Looking for the Belonging articles?
They’re now on their own page. Explore our resources on Connection, Community, and Belonging from this past September.
God’s Glorious Creation
November 5 and 19 at 9:00 a.m. in the Library
God is longing for us to connect with God’s glorious creation, and to be good stewards of it. The two November classes will cover a couple of areas of God’s creation: the “just right” timing of climate, and the breathtaking design of plants, animals, and natural systems. As part of the sessions, we will discuss some of the science involved, human impacts, and ways we and the church can protect and help restore these systems. Led by Mark Buehlman, author, speaker, inventor, and teacher, who has over 45 years of diverse environmental experience. Mark received a B.S. in Engineering from Syracuse University and an M.S. in Environmental Engineering from the Johns Hopkins University. Most recently, he worked for 11 years as an Adjunct Professor at the Community College of Baltimore County, where he taught Environmental Science and Environmental Law.
The Science of Climate Change
- “Present Climate Epoch Has Been Extremely Stable” Hugh Ross, December 3, 2018, Reasons To Believe.
- “Is Climate Change Real? Are Economic Sacrifices Needed to Stop It?” Hugh Ross, June 15, 2020, Reasons to Believe.
- “What Can the Bible Teach Us About Fighting Climate Change?” Corinne Steinbrenner, August 15, 2023, The Brink, Boston University.
- “What Does the Bible Say about Climate Change?” Vivian Bricker, September 9, 2021, Christianity.com
Designed to Survive
- “Historic Christianity’s ‘Two Books’ of Revelation” Kenneth Samples, September 1, 2013, Reasons To Believe.
- “Why I love Nature and Think Everyone Should Too” Hugh Ross, September 1, 2016, Reasons To Believe.
- “Does the Appearance of Design in Nature Point to a Designer?” Sean Oesch, June 8, 2023, Reason To Believe
- “Weekly Devotional: The Beauty of God’s Creation“ Molly Howard, July 9, 2021, Grand Canyon University.